For your information here are some National trust events coming up, click on link for details :
A set of keys in a fob case have been found on Bathwick Hill near White Lodge ( uphill ) bus stop. ( about 1/2 mile up the hill )
The police no longer deal with lost keys, so the finder is holding them. Please email us with a telephone contact number, if you think they may be yours.
B&NES Council are planning a consultation on the CAZ.
Please click on link for more details :
The Tesco car park on Bathwick Hill has reopened. Apparently they are monitoring usage to see if it is worth keeping open. Please use it.
Please do not park in the loading bays, on the double yellow lines or near the zebra crossing. Keeping the car park open should hopefully reduce this behaviour and make that part of the hill a bit safer.
Attached is the link to our latest newsletter, it is also published on the newsletter page.
Please note it has details of the up coming event at the Abbey and our Autumn event. Only members without email will receive a paper newsletter.
We have been told by B&NES that there will be filming for ‘Invisible’ an ITV series on Bathwick Fields on the 13th August. the crew vehicles will be parking in the middle of the Hill. Apparently all those affected have been informed, as in in the following email –
The location team will be filming on 13th August in Bathwick Fields and taking 20 parking bays close to the entrance on Bathwick Hill.
As always, please contact us if you have any queries/concerns.
Venues across Bath and North East Somerset will open up their doors this September as part of an annual nationwide celebration of history, architecture and culture.
Heritage Open Days run from Friday 13 to Sunday 22 September and give people the chance to see hidden places and try new experiences – all for free.
Councillor Paul Crossley, cabinet member for Community Services at Bath & North East Somerset Council, said: “Heritage Open Days are a great opportunity for our community to see inside some fascinating places – many of which aren’t normally open to the public. I hope residents of all ages will enjoy exploring the amazing heritage on our doorstep.”
There will be something for all ages and interests, for example:
- Meet the Roman Baths team at Lansdown North Local History Store, and take a tour of the weird and wonderful spa collection
- Visit the strongrooms at Bath Record Office, where you’ll get exclusive access to some of the rare books collection
- Put on a hard hat for a very special behind-the-scenes tour of Bath Abbey’s Footprint Project
- Discover Bath Jewish Burial Ground, the resting place for Bath’s Jewish community in the 19th and 20thcenturies
- Visit Cleveland Pools, the oldest open-air swimming pool in the UK, which will soon be restored and brought back into use
- Explore Saltford Brass Mill with its working water wheel and water-powered mill
- Visit Somerset & Dorset Railway Museum at Midsomer Norton and see the restored station buildings, signal box, and two museums: one in a Victorian stable block and the other in a WWII pillbox
Opening dates and times vary. Advance booking is essential at some venues.
Ginger has been found, he is a very adventurous cat, so tends to end up in other peoples garages and out houses!
If you come across him in future please let Halena know, you can contact Halena on 07971195261 (call or text )