Attached is the link to our latest newsletter, it is also published on the newsletter page.
Please note it has details of the up coming event at the Abbey and our Autumn event. Only members without email will receive a paper newsletter.
We have been told by B&NES that there will be filming for ‘Invisible’ an ITV series on Bathwick Fields on the 13th August. the crew vehicles will be parking in the middle of the Hill. Apparently all those affected have been informed, as in in the following email –
The location team will be filming on 13th August in Bathwick Fields and taking 20 parking bays close to the entrance on Bathwick Hill.
As always, please contact us if you have any queries/concerns.
Venues across Bath and North East Somerset will open up their doors this September as part of an annual nationwide celebration of history, architecture and culture.
Heritage Open Days run from Friday 13 to Sunday 22 September and give people the chance to see hidden places and try new experiences – all for free.
Councillor Paul Crossley, cabinet member for Community Services at Bath & North East Somerset Council, said: “Heritage Open Days are a great opportunity for our community to see inside some fascinating places – many of which aren’t normally open to the public. I hope residents of all ages will enjoy exploring the amazing heritage on our doorstep.”
There will be something for all ages and interests, for example:
- Meet the Roman Baths team at Lansdown North Local History Store, and take a tour of the weird and wonderful spa collection
- Visit the strongrooms at Bath Record Office, where you’ll get exclusive access to some of the rare books collection
- Put on a hard hat for a very special behind-the-scenes tour of Bath Abbey’s Footprint Project
- Discover Bath Jewish Burial Ground, the resting place for Bath’s Jewish community in the 19th and 20thcenturies
- Visit Cleveland Pools, the oldest open-air swimming pool in the UK, which will soon be restored and brought back into use
- Explore Saltford Brass Mill with its working water wheel and water-powered mill
- Visit Somerset & Dorset Railway Museum at Midsomer Norton and see the restored station buildings, signal box, and two museums: one in a Victorian stable block and the other in a WWII pillbox
Opening dates and times vary. Advance booking is essential at some venues.
Ginger has been found, he is a very adventurous cat, so tends to end up in other peoples garages and out houses!
If you come across him in future please let Halena know, you can contact Halena on 07971195261 (call or text )
BHRA have organised a guided tour of the works at the Abbey which we hope some of you will want to join. The tour will take place on Wednesday 18th September at 6.30pm and will be no more than 20 people hopefully all members of BHRA. The tour will take approximately 90 minutes and will cost £9 per head. After the tour we are hoping some of you will want to meet at the Crystal Palace for a drink to round off the evening.
Please reply with names and numbers to the email address BHRAevent@gmail.com
RUH has asked us to alert you to a meeting they are holding on Tuesday 23rd July from 6:00 – 7:30pm in the Post Graduate Medical Centre here at the RUH (dept. B20) and will be a chance for people to find out more about the role of carers at the RUH and the work the RUH does to look after the families of patients.
If you are interested you need to book, Please click on link for details :- Role of Carers in Hospital – 11.07.19
Just to let you know there is a full events program at Sydney gardens this summer, coming up they have : ( there is a link at the bottom for more information.